Monday, October 17, 2005

shelter from the storm

stole from flickr


wearing the hat and the two jackets (one with a hood) turned out to be a good idea. the rain was coming down hard enough to soak me through. my walk home was short, so it didn't really matter too much. feeling my clothes stick to my skin was worth the hot cup of coffee, two cigarettes and a couple of tracks from 'blood on the tracks'. these are my favorite types of walks. they are a nice refrain from the sunshine and haze that usually fills my days. i guess it's fitting for my week to end a-typically. it's been a weird one.

lots of stuff happened this week. i shuttled amanda back and forth between here and bakersfield a couple of times. i had a job interview. i had the flu. i drove a lot in the dark. i slept a lot in the light.

amanda's grandma passed away on friday just after noon. clay, her husband was with her in the hospice room. they were married 55 years. amanda is at home with her family for the next week. i'll be joining them this coming weekend for betty's funeral. she was such a wonderful woman. very kind, and very small. she was a lot like amanda in many ways. amanda is very sad. no one this close to her has passed away before. i guess that god has blessed me in an opposite way. he's given me gifts to be able to help her in that department though. pray for her and her family if you remember them.

i have a second interview tomorrow (monday) afternoon for the same position i interviewed for last week. it's a fun job in the music industry. pray for me if you remember. my interview is at 2pm

4 Comments:

Blogger Seriously said...

praying... any word?

8:29 PM  
Blogger KMOB said...

the interview went well. i'm supposed to know before friday sometime. thanks for the prayers dude. it means a ton

12:47 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Haven't been in contact much Matt - it makes me angry to hear about the car and sad to hear about amanda's grandma.
I hope that you are keeping a spirit of light despite. The red-tails send you there greetings.

2:33 PM  
Blogger lindsay anne said...

well, as strange as it may be to say -- be glad that things went the way they did. I am getting the hell out of there. its a sad and sinking ship and I didn't know that until recently. run away, matt. run away.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home