Monday, October 06, 2003

stand by your man

that song says it all, and my man is The Lord. at this point in my life i can be responsible for nothing beyond the choices that i chose to make, and i am planning on making every single one of those with the intent to honor God as much as i can. this last week has been one of major upheaval and growth for me and those around me. im so thankful for trials, though i don't like them at all. if this is what it takes to truly snap me out of my funk or whatever it is that i have been in, than praise be to God.

im not the joyful man that i once was, but i am praying that the lord would tranform my heart and help me to be more joyful than ever. my youth pastor used to say that the deeper the furrows or sorrow in your heart, the more growth can spring forth from them. with that in mind please be aware that i am going to become the neighbor who will leave 50lbs of cucumber on your doorstep. im expecting some serious growth from this trail, and i kinda feel like its already evident. im so thankful that no matter what God will never leave my side. praise be to Him because without his hand guiding me, even when i don't know it, i would surely have been cast into the pit by now. pbtg for all He has blessed me with

so im just trying to take each day one step at a time, one foot in front of the other as God casts light upon the ground in front of me. at this point its the only thing that i can do. im also super thankful for the listening, praying and support that i am getting from all my friends, without a family around, and with my bestfriend and deepest love needing some space, i almost felt like there was no one to turn to. boy was i wrong. each and every person that i have gotten to talk to has been uplifting, edifying and wonderful to talk to. not everyone will read this, but those who do know that they are counted among the faithful. im taking prayer request too from anyone who needs em. i got deadmike in there for sure, and jeri with her wedding so soon, my friend sarah, and a couple others. but if you're reading this and really need some prayer, throw down the shout out. i can always use more things to pray for along with general praise and my own so called life. just let me know

tons of love, cause its all i've got to give
-matt
get on the prayer chain---->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home