Tuesday, November 09, 2004

in-vested

Well I got a new vest today. It’s a nice little number that I picked up at the CHOC thrift store (in Norwalk? I guess it depends on the side of the street… whatever). It’s blue and red, one color per side, and totally reversible. It’s pretty truck-driver/ rock and roll and im totally loving it. Nothing like a nice semi puffy vest to keep out the 60 degree chill of a whittier winter.

Things are going well here at home, and we’re mostly recovered from the last of our two wedding receptions. Saturday was really awesome, and fun was had by all, with a few notable m.i.a.’s from people who rsvp’d without showing up. Ryan patterson palyed a kick-ass set on the turntable/iPod set we put together in the backyard. The police even came. Awesome.

We should have the proofs of our wedding pics up on the net at some point this week. It was supposed to be today, but they’re not up yet. But as soon as they are, I will put the choicest of them up here on the unit for all of you to check out. We looked pretty good, as far as I can remember, so they should turn out pretty awesome. Anyway I’ll update as the news breaks.

In receptions news once again, thanks to everyone for all the awesome gifts and gift cards. We got almost everything on our list, and we’re really excited. We’ve still got some place settings to pick up, along with some silverware, but other than that there is very little that we weren’t blessed with. Thanks so much guys!!

In non-wedding related news, I might be getting a new job. I had an interview to be the manager at Melrose vintage here in uptown whittier, and boy would I love to do it. Sell some cool vintage clothes, listen to music, and get to dress in something other than the all-black goth stuff I have to wear to starbucks. Pray for me, I start a trial period at Melrose on Saturday. I think it would be awesome to nail this one, so your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Other than that stuff, im just chillin on the couch in my vest, listening to KCRW, eating green beans, and dreading every minute that takes me closed to going back to starbucks tonight to close. Man would I love to be able to be home when Amanda gets home from work at night. Pray that i get that new job. Word kids!!

2 Comments:

Blogger jeric2003 said...

hey i still have something for you. i can bring it to work...

7:59 AM  
Blogger KMOB said...

jeri -

i will be around biola tomorrow (thursday) at some point i think. so if you want to take it with you to work tomorrow, i will be able to stop by and see you! let me know what time would be best. comment or bubbs

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home