Friday, August 27, 2004

some fun things

so here's a couple of fun things that have happened to me lately.

this last monday evening i was walking down to mimo's on greenleaf from my house at about 8:15pm. As i was walking i heard a couple of low booms, very different from thunder, and much deaper not loud... but low. I figured that they had to be some sort of sonic booms, though they didn't sound really high in the sky. Then as i looked up over the houses to my left, there came a bright green light streaking through the sky at a low angle. I watched as it streaked closer and closer to the ground. I didn't hear any impact, and this thing must have been super tiny at this point anyway, but all of the sudden every dog within my distance of hearing wents nuts. no loud noise... no cars driving by, but every dog started barking. I don't know if i will ever see something like that again in my life, so i figured i would share it. it's not everyday you get to see something fall thousands of miles an hour from space towards the earth.

then this morning at about 4am as i was on my way to work i discovered something new that i didn't know about the giant fir tree in front of my house. an owl lives in it, and based on the sound of his call, he's an oldy. he had a very strong call, deep and seemingly wise. I stopped in my tracks under the great tree and listened as further up the hill another owl called back. from the research that i did today on owl pages i think that the particular owl that i heard was a great horned owl. all the info that i found on it here seems to be consistent with what i heard. if you want to hear it too, click here.
also heres a photo

gho

2 Comments:

Blogger Sycz said...

Sycz is a direct translation of a Hebrew/Slavonic(old school mixing of languages) word for Owl.

11:11 PM  
Blogger KMOB said...

for some reason mike this just makes me think of a song by the who. who are you?

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home