Friday, April 15, 2005

attack of paypal

so as i talked about earlier, i have set up some buttons on the right side of the screen where you can donate money towards my artmaking. my work isn't really going to be sellable at this point becasue it's too frickin big for anyone to actually keep. so if you want to support a local artist, and help me to not feel so bad about whoring out my art here on my blog, plop down a couple bucks. i really appreciate all you guys, no matter if you donate or not. more updates to come on my show, but the date is for sure the last week of may. location TBA

EDITOR'S NOTE

To make sure things are clear here, i'm not asking people to donate money to actually creat the work for my show. I have some extra money from school that i will be using for my materials, etc. the budget is fairly tight, but it will be close to enough. the paypal thing is a way for people to support the work from the show if they want to. i am going to make a special effort to creat work for those who do decide to donate. this work will correspond to the work from the show, but won't actually be included in the show. each piece will be created by me to suit the individual donor(s). so it's an exclusive thing made for you by me as a special thank you! thanks guys, i hope this clears anything up =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

so, are you basically fishing for investors? meaning, is the work done, but just so big that it can't be "owned" (i assume you mean to big to reside in someone's house or hang on a wall), or is the work not done and you are soliciting financial assistance towards its completion? confused...

2:38 PM  
Blogger KMOB said...

no, the work isn't yet completed, but i am not seaking money to complete it, i have that taken care of. sorry for not being more lucid this morning. i had to drive smith to the airport at the crack of dawn. the issue is as you put it "[the art is] just so big that it can't be "owned" (i assume you mean too big to reside in someone's house or hang on a wall).
the final dimensions of the main piece are approx. 12ftx15ftX4ft give or take.

10:49 PM  
Blogger redwine said...

Seems as though this is a 5 day old publishing as well. Hmmm. Interesting. Publish up! Oh yeah - your good at this stuff too - I read some of your old posts and one was talking about family history and writing to your dad and you never know who you might be cousins with. I like that.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home