Tuesday, June 21, 2005

exciting times to come

bayou


last night i was at the bayou for a couple of hours with mb, andy, gloyd and sycz. tonight will be the last night when the bayou will really be the bayou. gloyd heads north pretty soon, sycz is heading to LA to live with dmh and trev, and MB is heading north to pasadena to be the custodian of what will be the former hamilton residence. my amanda and i will be moving to matt and lisa's place, completing the plethora of moves in progress. this is a time of boxes and booze, dust and tears. happy and sad, there's lots of movement going on. im really glad that i have been able to spend as much time with the gang as i have before we all move a little bit further away.

i don't really have any doubt about our staying in touch. no one is going to be so far away to preclude communication. we've got the porch still, in idea, if not in reality. i think it's going to be a really good thing for everyone to be separated a little bit. amanda and i will be the last ones left here in whittier, aside from maust, though we all know he doesn't really count because he's never really anywhere. i think that this phase is a good warm up for me.

you men (and a couple ladies) have really been my family, my hearth and home now for almost three years. no matter if it was the manor, the bayou, or anyones place, it was my home because you were there and always welcomed me. it has meant the world to me having you in my life. I am glad that distance doesn't have anything to do with it.

i admit it will be strange not to be able to cruise over to the bayou at 11pm and know that i will be in the company of friends, and more importantly beer. i imagine though that i will be able to accomplish more with my time. maybe even finish my degree! of course that's not your fault, it's mine, and i will take care of it, i promise.

anyway, hopefully there will be something going on at the bayou tonight. i want to be there. i want to hear the screen door creak one last time, smell the cat shit in the living room, drink the terrible water, watch sycz burn a bratwurst, and watch the planes track their holding pattern in the night sky over our heads while i still can. here's to you bayou, you're a classy lady.

1 Comments:

Blogger lindsay anne said...

man, so much change in so little time. it makes me a little sad inside (and I was more of a distant visitor in bayou/manor land).

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home