Friday, June 17, 2005

i love you

no really my dear readers, i do. if nothing in my behavior so far has proven this to you, i offer this as an example, albeit a small one. scratch that, it's actually a venti.

after dropping amanda off at the train station this morning, i stopped by my local coffee kabal to have a cup of breakfast and a stick of awake. the sticks i had, but the cup of breakfast i needed. so i sit down to enjoy my breakfast with a side of death, when lo and behold our favorite comic is there on the side of the cup. i've been wanting to share this with you all morning, but here's where i prove my love for you. readers, i threw the cup away. not just into the garbage, but a very specific sack of trash filled with last nights plate scrapings and a couple days worth of cat box. i retrieved the cup just now, solely so i could relay to you the quote that brightened my morning.

The Way I See It # 23

Chances are you are scared of fictions.
Chances are you are only fleetingly happy.
Chances are you know much less than you think you do.
Chances are you feel a little guilty.
Chances are you want people to lie to you.
Perhaps the answers lie on the side of a coffee cup.
You are lost.

David Cross

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I have to admit that I always roll my eyes when I read the quotes on Starbucks cups. Not because the quotes are stupid (though they sometimes are), but because of the disclaimer Starbucks puts below the quotes. The one that says something like: "We don't necessarily agree with the quotes on these cups." But we're going to put them there anyway because it makes us look deep and intellectual and angsty. You know, like a REAL coffee house.

10:23 PM  
Blogger lindsay anne said...

I adore David Cross.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home