Wednesday, January 31, 2007

i have changed

space smokey

so it's been a really strange last couple of days. last week after we got back from sundance, i got really sick. Finally on friday i got in to see the doctor. 103 fever, hacking cough, night sweats, the works. the doc concluded i had a viral pneumonia infection in my lungs. So saturday morning amanda flew to dallas for work, and i spent the rest of the days, until today, home in bed. I'm back at work today, and some things have changed.

First off, the medicine that i am on really changes the way that things taste and smell. bottled water tastes like bad iced tea. the inside of my car smells like a hotel hallway (i just had it detailed!) and bread tastes like cardboard. So i haven't had any coffee since last week because it tastes bad. I tried to drink some this morning, but gave up.

I also quit smoking. my doctor told me i had to, so i did. I have bought two or three packs since i quit, and actually tried to keep smoking, but the cigarettes don't taste right anymore either. they tastes, like a wet dog. this is the worst medecine ever!!

however i am kind of excited to quit smoking, and maybe even knock off the coffee for a while too. I'm starting to feel almost normal again (sickness-wise). I would appreciate prayer for health and for being a quitter. I'll probably need your help. thanks in advance. oh and andy... i am still going to try and collect all of the back-cigarettes you still owe me. i think we're at about four cartons now. you can write me a cheque =)

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

welcome. i look forward to knowing you will not die of lung cancer.

7:14 PM  
Blogger kcs said...

yay life!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Matt Pool said...

Thats exciting. Speaking of tasting nasty, I've got a bunch of the gum if you want it.

12:08 PM  
Blogger KMOB said...

i would love the gum. it would probably help me a lot getting through the day at work.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Well done. I remember the trip up to Keiths bachelor party... yes, i believe we both took care of a pack in about 7 hours... and I did that for like 6 years... and quit like 3 months ago. so you can do it. I too have the gum, that didn't work for me, cost a shit load, and tastes like ass, but i can send you my extras if you'd like.

well done my friend, oh, I also had pneumonia in '03, and that stuffs no joke... so prayers... a few prayers.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

Wow, Sundance must have been cool. It's kind of like a pilgrimage. Congrats on the anti-smokestick move, too.

11:56 AM  
Blogger kcs said...

I think the fact that you have change back now, thusly not changed constitutes a new post.

10:44 PM  
Blogger KMOB said...

it's a process, and im getting there. a little bit less each day. hopefully this will be the inverse of my blog posting frequency

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home