Wednesday, April 02, 2003

around here

everybody acts the same, everybody acts like nothing's changed...
...the sky is still the same unbelievable blue


more springsteen lyrics. i drive to school listening to this album on my discman in my jeep. i have taken the doors and the windows out of it so it's really just like driving some sort of big golf cart, all open like and cold. i love to watch the morning light play across things and peple and buildings and cars while i hear the music. its a great way to help the commute go by. springsteen has an inate way of moving me with his music. there's been a connection between his music and me for as long as i can remember. when i was a little kid i used to put the 'born in the usa' lp on the record player and listen to it over and over again. i listened to it more than my mom did and it was her record =)

I guess its fitting then that 'the rising' was the first song that i heard after my mom had passed away this summer. i had the single in the cd player at the time and i got the album in the mail that day from amanda. pretty fitting. even though the song isn't about losing a parent, its about a loosing of inocense in a way, and about death. but the lyrics are so full of life-imagery that it acknowledges a hereafter. good stuff.

ok i am going to make a regular post now ---->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home