Saturday, July 03, 2004

boxing day

foxy boxy


Though it's not quite december, and not quite Cananda here in Whittier, I'm currently up to my neck in emtpy boxes from moving. There's so much stuff here now, and i can't possibly seem to live without any of it. i guess im a total packrat.

Luckily enough there is tons of stuff for me to do around here so that i can actually avoid having to unpack anything. We've got web access, cable tv, a little bit of music, coffee and of course.... cigarettes. Unfortunately it's beginning to get too hot for me to go outside and actually enjoy having a refreashing (ha!) round of turkish and domestic blends. I've really got to get around to sun-proofing our patio outside. there's always cloud seeding too... but that might be a bit cost prohibative at this point.

so rather than weathering the heat outside, im sitting here in the dark and cool living room listening to an old mix cd from someone i knew years ago. unpacking things brings lots of opportunities for remembering the past, and perhaps that is why i am such a packrat. there's not much connection to the past for me anymore, save fo what little bit of boxed up treasure i have. i think i will be like this for the rest of my life. I've already started "files" of stuff. scraps of junk i like, pictures, anything at all that catches my attention. it all goes into file folders and drawers and boxes. eventually i am probably going to need a bunker or something to keep all this stuff in. I'm a future archeologists dream come true.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMOB said...

hey, comments are up and running now. post away kids

-kmob!->

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home