Monday, April 25, 2005

drunks, pelts, and scratched heads

drunk&wolf


been spending a lot of time over in the studio. i try to spend at least two to three hours over there every day.

amanda and i looked at a really nice place to live yesterday down the block, and on the same side of the street as the manor. all the same beautiful woodwork, hard wood floors and everything, but in primo shape. it's the entire first floor of the house, and it's a couple hundred cheaper than our current rent. the one catch is that we wouldn't be able to have any pets, not even outside. so that rules out keeping any of our newborn kittens, and emma as well. i love emma a lot. she is a great great cat, and it makes me sad to even think about giving her up, but this place is so super nice. if we did get it, the plan is to give away the kittens, which wont be hard, and then take emma to amanda's grandparent's farm north of bakersfield.

we're both so sick and tired of our stupid, loud, obnoxious, drunken neighbors. last night, while i was eating dinner and watching a movie with amanda and maust, the big drunk one comes and bangs on my door. i answer to find him heavily intoxicated, as per usual, and asking a favor {as he does nearly daily}.

big drunk: "hey man. hey uhhh...."

me: " hey what's up, can i help you with something?"

bd: "um yeah, hey. um.. jake and i can't pick him up."

me: "excuse me?"

bd: " yeah, uh, we need help carrying our friend."

me: " you need me to help you what?"

bd: "my friend is really big."

me: " i'm not really sure what you're asking me..."

bd: " my friend is big, and we need to get him out of the car."

me: "what happened, is he hurt?"

bd: "no we're all really drunk, and he's too big for me and jake to carry."

me: "man, i'm eating dinner with some friends right now..."

bd: "so yeah if you could follow me..."

me: "i'm actually busy right now, i can't help you."

bd: "it's okay, im a really sorry. we're still neighbors okay? thanks for helping me hang up my woof."

me: "yeah we are, no problem..."

bd: "i promise"

me : *sound of locking door*

i won't even go into too much detail about the wolf thing, or as bd likes to say, "woof". some people feel the need to pay $500 for a very large wolf pelt to hang on their wall with one borrowed nail and hammer, and others don't.

i really hope we get that other place. please be praying for us.

2 Comments:

Blogger redwine said...

My neighbors shoot off guns between 11pm and 2 in the morning. You want to trade? I love dags.

12:41 PM  
Blogger dmh said...

Could you help me hang MY woof sometime?

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home