Thursday, March 22, 2007

postcards from a music video...

so yesterday i booked a music video for beirut. i had a 4pm call but didn't actually end up doing anything, other than shooting the shit with some of the band and talking to zach a little bit, until just after 6pm. the video was for elephant gun, a track from the new album. i had my camera with me in my jacket pocket, but wardrobe ended up having me switch it out for a super tiny black suit coat, hence my lack of pics/video.

the whole thing was kind of victorian bohemian feeling. zach was wearing some sweet knickers and all the guys in the band we rocking these tiny old tweed suits, pretty cool looking. they even had a fake mustache on zach for some parts of the video which looked pretty realistic, though he told me that he was actually jealous of my real mustache. (which is curling up into points at the end like an old prize-fighter btw)

since the song is 'elephant gun', a bunch of us ended up wearing these crazy elephant noses for most of the shoot. it was pretty fun over all. I was zach's stand-in for all the set-ups and lighting checks and ended up talking with alma the director quite a bit. I carry zach around with a couple other people for a while in the video, and end up dancing with one of the professional dancers for a bit at the end of the video. overall it was pretty awesome. at the end of the shoot, he played everyone there a couple tracks on his uke. this is when i wish my camera wasn't locked in the wardrobe room, but at least someone else had one with them. the quality is kind bad, but the sound is decent. check em out.

a track off the new album...




on postcards from italy he had us sing and wistle along, though whomever is whistling close to the camera isn't me... or good.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's my hand taking the pictures of Zach in the first song! Sorry if I was in the way. And yeah, the dude whistling next to you was way out of tune. I'm glad you were able to take video of it! The director said she'd be posting her footage of the songs soon.

1:16 PM  
Blogger KMOB said...

just to be clear, i didn't take this video footage, my camera was locked in the wardrobe room. i'm off camera to the left. I was the tall guy with the curled mustache and the black bowler hat. thanks for stopping by ian!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, I understand. Yeah, you were looking pretty spiffy with the outfit. It was an awesome night. I'd never met Zach before, let alone seen him live. So it was really out of this world to be up close and personal with him.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah the guy next to me was the one whistling. he was a little too excited about zach playing postcards. were you the gentleman with the amazing mustache? because if so, credit to you.

1:10 AM  
Blogger KMOB said...

yeah, that was me with the mustache. thanks for the compliments. it was a great time. can't wait to see the finished video.

8:39 AM  
Blogger M said...

I feel like I'm standing around the crafts service table.

12:29 PM  
Blogger KMOB said...

zing!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home