Saturday, March 12, 2005

been thinking about you {art}

i've been doing some thinking about you* {*art, refered to herein as 'you'} and i have come to realiaztion that i don't really know you like i thought i did. sure i still recogzine you when i see you around. sometimes you're there nicely on the wall, sometimes i hear you through my headphones, and other times you're just being talked about. i know you, or at least i think i used to. nowadays it seems you just hang out with all the kids with the weird haircuts, who think they know you, but can't seem to treat you right. not the way i treated you, not the way you deserve.

do you remember the times we used to spend together? lounging around talking about doing things someday? the way that we used to hang out, you would have thought we were married or something. i know that recent developments on my end may have thrown a wrench {arguably a small one, but with gorgeous eyes} into our plans. what i am wondering i guess, is whether or not this means the end of our relationship?

i miss all the little things that you used to wisper in my ears. the way you would get me to do something seemingly crazy that would make each piece just perfect. i bet you remember that time with the saw... man those were the good days.

i know what went on between us in the past was often rooted in sadness. everything we did was defined by sad things, people or places lost, times never to be had again. is there anyway to have what we had without that sadness? or a way to reconcile that sadness with this present happiness? i need to know, i need to hear from you. otherwise i don't know if i can go on like this.

i walk around during the day, thinking of things that would be perfect for us, but without you, and without throwing myself into those old things i just don't know how it can work now. you've got to know what this is doing to me, your absense. it's driving me plumb crazy. this could be a great thing, this craziness, if it weren't drowning in the mundane. i have bills to pay, work to do, and classes to sit through. what do you know about those things? is this some sort of perverse trick you are playing on me? do you really think it is better to have had you, and lost, than to have never had you at all? i need to know.

so i guess i am asking you something... will you please just come by so we can talk? will you wear that canvas that i bought for you, the one with the pretty colors, line and repitition? i need to see you, i need to know you again. please come back to me. i don't think i can be the same without you. i miss you so much.

i heard this song the other day, it reminded me of you

Come up to meet you
Tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you
Tell you I need you
And tell you I set you apart
Tell me your secrets
And ask me your questions
Oh let's go back to the start
Running in circles
Coming up tails
Heads on a silence apart
Nobody said it was easy
Oh it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start
I was just guessing
At numbers and figures
Pulling the puzzles apart
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
And tell me you love me
Come back and haunt me
Oh and I rush to the start
Running in circles
Chasing tails
Coming back as we are
Nobody said it was easy
Oh it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
I'm going back to the start
Aah oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh (x4)

1 Comments:

Blogger Seriously said...

that was pretty good art itself. you ought to do a little something early each morning or something. art should get to the point where it's practical and job like. a second job if you will. you've got some great ideas. try and make them happen, or get yourself ready for when you might be able to make it happen financially, emotionally, or otherwise.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home