Tuesday, July 05, 2005

mexicans cut down my clover blues

overpowered by funk
funk out

so today was alright. mb helped me out by heading over to the gallery with me to assist with the removal of my art show. got the post show blues seeing it all come down. then i've been playing the fool waiting for my check from ever. no money in my hand yet, though it was promised for last friday. booo on you mofos.

then, after much sitting, headaching, and being to hungry and headached to eat, i drank a beer. the always helps. i wish i had 30 more when i realized that the gardeners cut down my clover that i have been cultivating in a flower bed by my front door. i went out and spoke to them when they arrived. i asked them not to use the weed-eater on the clover by the door. i also asked them not to blow dry leaves up against the volvo because it scratched it. nodding and smiling 'no problem man, no probalo...'. turns out they may know some funny strongbad slang, but they don't understand english. lots of fresh scratches on the wagon, no clover to be found. i watered that shit in front of your face garden man! i weeded that shit in your fucking face!!! anything i left should have been obviously wanted. i will learn terrible phrases to unleash on you that would make andy 'shit mouth' smith cringe!!!

there are four things which saved my day from passing into further funk:
my beautiful wife
my beautiful cup of coffee
my beautiful camels
sufjan's beautiful album 'illinois'

there are few bands that give me faith in things. cash is one of them, dylan and van morrison, a couple of others. tonight driving home, god reminded me via sufjan that people have souls. people that live in other places [like illinois] and people that live here. like my gardeners, like my meth-cooking upstairs neighbors, like the arabs who sell us the oil, like the president who goes to war, like every man women and child who dies. we've all got souls. maybe i need to have these headphones surgically attached to my head. and i guess while they are at it they could sew my mouth shut, so no one gets to hear my hate speech and racial epithets. overpowered by funk. folk out.

6 Comments:

Blogger M said...

what abouts your beautiful billionaire?

8:59 AM  
Blogger KMOB said...

yes my beautiful billionaire, you help to get the funk out. or maybe you are actually asking to hear the epithets.... i dunno know!

9:02 AM  
Blogger lindsay anne said...

good blog, man.
and sufjan gives me the same feeling.

12:04 PM  
Blogger lindsay anne said...

and props on getting the album with the 'illegal' artwork.

I got tix for the Sufjan (San Fran) show a moment ago. ahh...

5:10 PM  
Blogger miller said...

Your camels are very beautiful. Did you get them as a dowry when you got married?

5:11 PM  
Blogger KMOB said...

linds, or anyone else:

go to borders, they haven't gotten the memo about the recal c. last evening. usually they only have between 5 and 10 copies, so rush down there [wo]man!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home