Friday, August 12, 2005

today/tomorrow is the third anniversary since my mom passed away. there have been times since that day that i have sworn that i have seen her. it always turns out to be someone else, the height or weight just a bit off usually. i can always tell by their eyes though that it isn't her, she had the weirdest eyes. they were greyish-green with a bright cold ring around her pupil. seriously bright gold. i've got it too, just not as bright as her's were though. then there are the times when i feel like she is just about to walk around the corner from the kitchen, or come walking down the sidewalk when i am watering the grass outside the house. death is a strange thing to get used to, and i don't think that i ever really will be completely used to her not being here anymore. there's just something askew there, and taking into account our eternal nature it seems to make sense. my mom is my number one in the top three people that i want to most see in heaven when i get there (not counting Christ or biblical figures). i miss her more and more each day.

2 Comments:

Blogger lindsay anne said...

it was so good having you and amanda in my home (finally). and getting to talk to you about your mom/my brother for a bit was nice too. I can't believe its been three years. I feel you, man.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen my mom too. I hope this never happens to you while you're driving. I almost killed myself the other day. I saw my old Subaru out of the corner of my eye and then I swear, she was driving it. Like two ghosts haunting me at once.

-katiej

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home