Saturday, January 28, 2006

list of lists

so here's a list of lists that i am writing. i am writing these lists to make what i have to say a little bit easier, a little more classy, a little less crass. a little bit easier to relay to you, my friends, and a couple of randoms who always seem to check in...

THINGS I ATE FOR BREAKFAST THIS WEEK
Monday: coffee & cigarettes
Tuesday: coffee & cigarettes
Wednesday: ceral, coffee & cigarettes
Thursday: coffee & cigarettes
Friday: my pillow

THINGS I PERSONALLY SOLD TO PEOPLE TODAY AT WORK
BBQ (5)
pole saw (2)
table (1)
chairs (4)
fungicide (4 liters)
sprayer (2)
lawnmower (1)
fire pit (2)
plants (40-60)
bullshit (all)

THINGS INCLUDED IN THE POLICE REPORT OF ITEMS STOLEN FROM MY GARAGE ON THURSDAY NIGHT

vintage 8'2" long board
brand new bag for long board
brand new wetsuit
two sets of vintage dishes, one from each of amanda's grandmothers (deceased)
four boxes of seldom used, brand new kitchen implements from when we got married
my entire star wars collection, totalling over 2000+ items
a Dual record player, plus plynth in primo condition
christmas decorations from my childhood, including but not limited to the stocking my mother made for me on which she hand-crafted an image of E.T.
my circular saw
one antique brass lamp from amanda's grandparents
one vintage 1950 zenith clock radio, working
vintage leather suitcase in nice condition
& many other things i have yet to remember.

i've figured to be a loss of around $5-8k depending on market values on same collectors items
i still feel like throwing up.

7 Comments:

Blogger Seriously said...

wow.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

That sucks.

9:33 PM  
Blogger M said...

Oh, man. I am so sorry. If there's anything we can do, just ask.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO!!!
You guys can have anything vintage from my storage unit.

10:16 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

. . . all i can say is that i'm really hoping for a "just kidding" blog to follow this one.
i am SO sorry!

5:50 AM  
Blogger ms. tea said...

hey i am so sorry for you both, if either of the vintage dishes are the ones i am thinking of with the grayish floral/leaf pattern, i see them from time to time at antique stores and i can try to help you fill in the holes. let me know

1:45 PM  
Blogger lindsay anne said...

first off, it was fantastic to hang out with you kids last night.

and secondly, i feel like a doofus because I hadn't hear of the garage theft debacle. gosh, i wish i could say something that would make you feel better but i probably wont so I will just say: those fucks.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home