Tuesday, July 13, 2004

black & blue

well kids, little bits of stuff to report.

i spent the day today on the mend nursing my newly messed up big toe on my right foot. yesterday i was unloading the last of the stuff from the back of my volvo, including a large filing cabinet. it's not the up-right standing type, but the longer lower type. it has two drawers, and when you open them they have room for four rows of files that face the front. it's really nice and i don't want to part with it, but i don't have room for it inside the new place. so i was moving it up against the fence in the back with a dolley, and i got it as close as i could. for the last little bit of moving i decided to just use my long arms and strong back to pick the thing up and get it as much out of the way as possible. i paid for this dearly.

i picked the thing up to move it about a foot closer to the fence and a foot further to the left. i had it about a foot and a half off of the ground when i lost my grip. it, of course, landed square on the nail of my big toe and bounced, leaving me enough time to get my foot out from underneath it before it landed again.

have you ever been hurt so bad that you couldn't do anything? i couldn't curse, i couldn't hop around, i was at a loss for what to do... so i just sat down. i put my head between my knees and i just focused on my breathing. then i went inside and promptly ran a really cold shower and cooled it down.

to sum it up, i couldn't sleep because the dam-blamed thing wouldn't stop throbbing. so i took a bunch of ibuprofen, got a bag of ice on it, and propped it up on a couple of pillows while i lay down on the bed. it was getting fairly late at this point, but i couldn't sleep. so i finished reading the last book in the chronicles of narnia series, the last battle. it was great, and if you haven't read the series, do it. but i will talk more about that latter.

anyway, today i spent nursing the foot, then gloyd came over and we watched the all star game. right now i am continuing to soak my foot in a large pot filled with ice and water. i can see my nail seperating from the nail bed, and my two is more than twice it's normally large size. i can't wear shoes, and needless to say, i can't work. so i am up shit creek, and in pain to boot (of course pun intended). to add insult to injury, amanda is out of town since yesterday and i haven't decided what to read next. no one to talk to, nothing to do but bare the pain of ice soaking and boredom. fantastic. maybe if sycz comes to town within the next day or two i will get a picture of this toe and throw it up here for posterity's sake.

anyway, keep up with the commenting, it keeps it lively for me here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

First, I wanted to comment in your L,W,&W post but it wouldn't let me. I was going to saw that Doug Grisham (I think thats his name, he is the stepson of Lewis) said that Lewis intended them to be read in chronological order. I was also going to say that I haven't read the whole series so I don't have an opinion.

As far as your toe is concerned, thats freakin nasty and you better get some pictures up soon!

6:13 PM  
Blogger KMOB said...

good to have you postin kid. if you come back maybe i will give you some toe candy

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home