Tuesday, March 22, 2005

just smile all the time

there's something that i have really been wanting to do lately. i would actually go over and do this right now, but it's raining for one, dark for too {also}, and im probably already doing something else by the time you're reading this. {my wireless is out, so i am writing this at night, saving it, posting it when the wifi faerie alights once again}

i digress though. the thing i want to do is awesome. remember the cool '70's NovaPro headphones i was talking about? the white ones? well since i have like 20ft of cord, i wanna take the screen off my front window and listen to my headphones outside. maybe even lay down on my back in the grass {raybans & coffee accounted for sir} and have a nice little ciggy piggy while listening to something amazing. like 'how to fight loneliness' or perhaps 'nashville skyline'. this could be the makings of a perfect afternoon at my house.

i finally started getting my album info uploaded into my gemm store tonight, but i had to stop because my connection failed. i really need to get this done so i can actually start selling stuff. in the meantime i actually picked up some paper, a pen and designed a shelf i want to build for my living room. if an old sea shanty {the building type, not the song type} and an entertainment center could ever procreate, their offspring might look a little like what i want to build. lots of shelves for records and books, a nice little place to hide the tv and dvd player {im leaving room for a tivo, i cross my heart}. it'll have a solid back and sides, with the back of the interior painted white, the rest of it will be dark wood. and here's the kicker... the sides of the thing are going to be covered in cedar shingles. also the doors in front of the tv will be shingled too. it's a project i wanna start working on once amanda gets a job. it will probably have to wait until after my show though, because i am going to have to focus on that and school until the end of may.

ok wifi is back. im posting this now and going back to entering album info.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seriously said...

it is sunny. you should, right now, do as you said you wanted to do yesterday. even if you're at school. leave. and listen to a record on the grass.

8:31 AM  
Blogger dmh said...

I like the headphones/grass lie. I do it with my ipod. it is splendid

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home